Seven days in a wood-panelled room with 9 other writers. After saturating our minds with the possibilities, Rebecca McClanahan leaves us with the following, aiming us toward our own further development:
- What (or who, where when) keeps rising up from what you have written?
- What do you not yet understand about your subject? List these questions. What remains to be written or researched? List missing links
- List all the possible forms, shapes, structures the material could take and find the one
- Who else has done a similar project/text? How might yours be similar or different?
- What is the biggest obstacle you face 1) with the project, 2) with your writing in general, 2) with your writing life?
- What can you do, starting today, to overcome – or use – that obstacle?
- If the writing god told you that you could write only 10 more pages before you die, what would you write?
- What are you waiting for?